Saturday, June 20, 2015

Not Surreal


His suicide note read:

Not to be) Living on daily wage is tough, even when I am homeless and not paying rent.
To be) I have waded in Mumbai’s flood waters, in the shit of millions. I can identify with the kids who hid in the toilet in Schindler’s List.
To be or not to be) A friend’s father wants to kill me. He thinks I am in love with her. I am waiting for her to come out of the closet.
To be) There’s one more old love to contact. As long as I don’t find her number or address, there is hope.
Not to be) I have a family who is not a family.
Not to be or to be) Rope broke; the knife was too blunt; and, the car wouldn’t start. I jumped into the sea but got thrown ashore.

‘Surreal,’ Inspector Shokie’s assistant said.
Shokie disagreed.
‘Should we charge him?’ the assistant asked.
‘Bloody nuisance,’ Shokie muttered.

No comments :

Post a Comment