Monday, March 7, 2011

Time Flows Both Ways


Yesterday, I woke up feeling old –

Self-pity or delusion
Made it an original thought,
Self-interest or insecurity
Called it thought-provoking;

The late winter mist,
Damp windows, dewy grass
Cover-up without lies
The hot dry dusty days here;

I was a child when it was new –

Between Superman
And digging trenches
Sly loneliness shared my tent
Before being lying solitude;

I was a fighter when it became a religion –

For dreams and principles,
Without land or company,
To be nameless invisible
Quite deaf, dumb, mute;

Those were brave days
Without love or care,
But I caught that cruel cureless
That ravaged inside, left me young;

It comes and goes,
The cruel love
The older thought too
Of feeling old;

Yesterday, I slept with my love –

I made love the way I want to
Holding on, clinging unashamed,
The clock stopped ticking
I could love the way I want to;

Time has only one way
For some, thoughts flow
A chaotic spiral or a cycle
Create or dissipate disorder;

Tomorrow, I might end it all –

A minor matter,
An inconvenience,
Thoughtless
Without epitaph;

Today, I will smile at it –

To see, to smile, to touch,
To feel, to arouse, to be there,
Cursing less, harsh no more
With the late winter mist;

Let the day be hot dry dusty
Let rains lash when it may,
Without, there’s a doubting world,
Within, we will be ageless holding;

I feel like a clever fool
Old stupid wise young
Without vows with trust,
Care free care less care full.

No comments :

Post a Comment