Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today That Year



In a hotel on a Mediterranean holiday
With fresh croissant, coffee, azure calm
Boredom entered her eyes
Fingers fidgeted on the table
Those eyes I had watched
While we had sex (made love)
Those fingers clasped mine
Pushing (pulling) me away (close).

I would love to tell you, my love
That today that year my love left
Leaving me with little love
To give you, my love
It is like love on every line
Familiar courteous love
That today that year my love left
I would love to tell you, my love.

Politics sucks me dry
With accentuated smiles
Dead direct depthless gaze
Meaningless utterances
Bloody clock, tick faster.

Philosophy my foreplay
As life goes on (yawn)
Measuring utility returns
Raped tortured by chance
Bloody clock, act dead.

In a room on a brief nasty today that year
With hopes, dreams, pregnant dark clouds
Kissing sucking dear life
Holding caressing true desire
The kiss never shared again
Never given taken never
The hold slipped shattered
Never pinch me again ever.

No comments :

Post a Comment