Sunday, August 28, 2011

While...


While I wrote the love poem
I heard her fading footsteps –
Black ink on yellowing pages
Lasts longer with empty jokes;

While I fought for my friends
I saw them shifting company –
Sweat, blood, tears on fallen ground
Mix well with dirty slush;

While I wrote the last note
I prayed to them: ignore –
Or, battles and false verses and such
Wasteful ways will wear resolve;

While I fought for my life
I felt a gentle hand in mine –
Guiding me to new ways but
Without a heart, I let it slip.

4 comments :

  1. Very nice..! I quote verse when I like them.. But here, I liked all the lines.. Very well done..!
    Its lost.. painful and very good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear KP, Thanks a lot for reading this...made my day! Best wishes, Arjun

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely words...beautifully crafted lines!

    ReplyDelete