Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ode To The Lover's Shadow


 
With you - love seems quite requited -
And her - the other in the ménage,
The tale begs a well-satiated
Start to an ill-fated mirage.
 
But, you crept in trailing after
Her, under summer’s stern glare, frisky,
And slipped past dark veils of winter,
Sandwiched between, you were cheeky.

And, when we escaped spring’s rush
To our calm refuge, or, buried  
Beneath autumn’s dead leaves to flush
Out, sedate we were, not torrid.

When she undressed, you too I watched,
Teased and loved you - of course, her too -
And gauged the way you merged and stretched,
To do it right, to be with you.

All was well till the denouement
When she charged me with wantonness,
I could not make you a figment,
Or explain your role in the mess. 

If I could have another turn,
Will you be in high noon’s blind spot?
Love still remains when lovers spurn.
Will I let you go? I think not.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment